What you need to know
This document outlines the following:
- Who we are
- How we collect information about you
- Information we collect and why we use it
- Profiling: making our work more unique to you
- Legal basis for using your information
- Sharing your Information
- Keeping your information safe
- How long we hold your information for
- Your rights
- Who we are
Following many years of community, social and economic development within working class communities in Lisburn and as a direct result of an in-depth community consultation we are delighted to announce that we have established and incorporated our new company: The Resurgam Community Development Trust Limited.
The Resurgam Trust is supported by established and recognised community-based organisations and social enterprise organisations with many years of experience working in communities throughout the city of Lisburn. The Resurgam Trust will act as a voice and will lobby on behalf of our membership to ensure that the needs of our community continue to be addressed.
The Resurgam Community Development Trust Ltd is a Development Trust Association. We have ambitious plans for our Trust, which we feel connects communities across Lisburn and will drive community, youth, social and economic development for many years to come.
The Resurgam Trust is based in the Laganview Enterprise Centre in the Old Warren Estate in Lisburn and works with community-based organisations across both Lisburn North and Lisburn South. We are a non-political organisation but feel that it is extremely important to build alliances and relationships with all locally elected representatives across all political divides. Equally we want to reach out and build good working relationships with statutory, community and voluntary sectors in Lisburn and wider afield.
Some of the areas we are currently working on include:
- Education & Employment
- Community Development
- Youth Provision
- Social Enterprise
- Community Safety
- Health & Wellbeing
- Early Intervention
Here at The Resurgam Trust, we are committed to protecting your personal information and making every effort to ensure that your personal information is processed in a fair, open and transparent manner.
We are a “data controller” for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 and (from 25 May 2018) the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“Data Protection Law”). This data protection policy ensures The Resurgam Trust:
- Complies with data protection law and follow good practice
- Protects the rights of staff, customers and partners
- Is open about how it stores and processes individuals’ data
- Protects itself from the risks of a data breach
For further information about our privacy practices, please contact us by:
- Writing to The Resurgam Trust, Laganview Enterprise Centre, 69 Drumbeg Drive, Lisburn, BT281QJ.
- Calling us on 02892 670755
- Emailing to email@example.com
This policy applies to:
- The head office and Management of The Resurgam trust
- All projects and social enterprises working under The Resurgam trust
- All staff and volunteers of The Resurgam Trust
- All partners working with or on behalf of The Resurgam Trust
Everyone who works for or with The Resurgam Trust has some responsibility for ensuring data is collected, stored and handled appropriately.
How we collect information about you
Everything we do, we do to ensure that we can help people experiencing in which we come into contact with are treated with respect. We want to make sure you receive the communications that are most relevant to you, be it through visiting our website or receiving emails, post or phone calls. We want to make sure you receive the best attention when you book on an event, become a member or make a donation.
We collect information from you in the following ways:
When you interact with us directly: This could be if you ask us about our activities, register with us for training or an event, make a donation to us, ask a question about our services, purchase something, apply for a job or volunteering opportunity or otherwise provide us with your personal information. This includes when you phone us, or get in touch through the post, or in person.
When you interact with us through projects or social enterprises: This could be if you access a service through one of our projects such as The Resurgam Youth Initiative or The Welcome Project. Or book a service through one of our social enterprise businesses, such as a contract with Premier Taxi Company or booking a room through Laganview Enterprise Centre.
When you interact with us through third parties: This could be if you provide a donation through a third party such as BT My Donate or one of the other third parties that we work with and provide your consent for your personal information to be shared with us.
From other information that is available to the public: At present we do not collect information from third parties in order to tailor our communications with you to your background and interests. If this changes in the future, we will update our policy accordingly.
Information we collect and why we use it
Personal information we collect includes details such as your name, date of birth, email address, postal address, telephone number and credit/debit card details (if you are making a booking, purchase or donation), as well as information you provide through any communications between us. You will have given us this information whilst making a donation, registering for an event, placing a booking or any of the other ways to interact with us.
We will mainly use this information:
- To process your donations or other payments, to claim Gift Aid on your donations and verify any financial transactions.
- To provide the services or goods that you have requested.
- To update you with important administrative messages about your donation, an event or services or goods you have requested.
- To comply with the Charities (Protection and Social Investment) Act 2016 and follow the recommendations of the official regulator of charities, the Charity Commission, which require us to identify and verify the identity of supporters who make major gifts, so we can assess any risks associated with accepting their donations.
- To keep a record of your relationship with us.
- Where you volunteer with us, to administer the volunteering arrangement.
If you do not provide this information, we will not be able to process our services such as your booking, sign you up for a particular event or provide goods and services you have requested.
We may also use your personal information:
- To contact you about our work and how you can support The Resurgam Trust (see section 8 on ‘Marketing’ below for further information).
- To invite you to participate in surveys or research.
Sensitive Personal Information
A special note about the Sensitive Personal Information we hold
Data Protection Law recognises that some categories of personal information are more sensitive. Sensitive Personal Information can include information about a person’s health, race, ethnic origin, political opinions, sex life, sexual orientation or religious beliefs. At all times you are may refuse to provide any details in which you feel you do not wish to disclose, and you will be fully informed as to who we intend on sharing your information with.
If you choose to provide details of a sensitive nature.
We will only use this information:
- For the purposes of dealing with your enquiry, training, and quality monitoring or evaluating the services we provide.
- We will not pass on your details to anyone else without your permission except in exceptional circumstances. Examples of this might include anyone reporting serious self-harm or posing a threat to others or children contacting us and sharing serious issues such as physical abuse or exploitation.
Profiling: making our work more unique to you
We want to improve how we talk to you and the information we provide through our website, services, products and information. To do this we sometimes use profiling and screening methods so that we can better understand our supporters, your preferences and needs to provide a better experience for you.
We may carry out targeted fundraising activities using profiling techniques based on the information that we hold about you.
This information can be appended to the information that you have provided which allows us to use our resources more effectively by better understanding the background of our supporters and making appropriate requests based on what may interest them and their capacity to give. For example, we may promote an event that is specifically aimed at teenagers and use the information we hold to identify suitable recipients to receive promotional material of the event.
You can of course opt out of this activity at any time. To do this, email firstname.lastname@example.org’ with the subject line ‘Please stop analysis of my data’ or by contacting The Resurgam Trust, Laganview Enterprise Centre, 69 Drumbeg Drive, Lisburn, BT281QJ. Tell: 02892 670755.
Legal basis for using your information
In some cases, we will only use your personal information where we have your consent or because we need to use it in order to fulfil a contract with you (for example, because you have made a booking with us, registered onto a programme we are running or made a purchase through one of our social enterprises).
However, there are other lawful reasons that allow us to process your personal information and one of those is called ‘legitimate interests’. This means that the reason that we are processing information is because there is a legitimate interest for The Resurgam Trust to process your information to help us to ensure that everyone who comes into contact with us gets both support and respect.
Whenever we process your Personal Information under the ‘legitimate interest’ lawful basis we make sure that we take into account your rights and interests and will not process your personal information if we feel that there is an imbalance.
Some examples of where we have a legitimate interest to process your Personal information are where we contact you about our work via post, use your personal information for data analytics, conducting research to better understand who our supporters are, improving our services, for our legal purposes (for example, dealing with complaints and claims), or for complying with guidance from the Charity Commission or monitoring purposes with funders.
We will only contact you about our work and how you can support The Resurgam Trust by phone, email or text message, if you have agreed for us to contact you in this manner.
However, if you have provided us with your postal address we may send you information about our work and how you can support The Resurgam Trust by mail unless you have told us that you would prefer not to hear from us in that way.
You can update your choices or stop us sending you these communications at any time by contacting ‘email@example.com’ or clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the relevant communication.
Sharing your Information
The personal information we collect about you will mainly be used by our staff (and volunteers) at The Resurgam Trust so that they can support and serve you.
We will never sell or share your personal information with organisations so that they can contact you for any marketing activities. Nor do we sell any information about your web browsing activity.
The Resurgam Trust may however share your information with our trusted partners and suppliers who work with us on or on our behalf to deliver our services, but processing of this information is always carried out under our instruction. We make sure that they store the data securely, delete it when they no longer need it and never use it for any other purposes. Some examples of where we may share your information are with awarding bodies when you have registered to complete a qualification. We will share your name, address, date of birth, your educational level and any disabilities or health problems in which you have declared that might impact on your ability to complete the qualification or effect your time spent competing said qualification while in one of The Resurgam Trust buildings.
We enter into contracts with these service providers that require them to comply with Data Protection Laws and ensure that they have appropriate controls in place to secure your information.
The Resurgam Trust is an independent Charity with various projects, associations and social enterprises who sit under it. On occasions we will share your personal information with our projects, associations and social enterprises to ensure that they are able to provide their services effectively, when there is a reason to do so we will only share your personal information to the above with your consent.
We may disclose your information if required to do so by law (for example, to comply with applicable laws, regulations and codes of practice or in response to a valid request from a competent authority); or, in order to enforce our conditions of sale and other agreements.
Keeping your information safe
We take looking after your information very seriously. We’ve implemented appropriate physical, technical and organisational measures to protect the personal information we have under our control, both on and off-line, from improper access, use, alteration, destruction and loss.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information using the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information sent to us this way, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to our site.
Our websites may contain links to other sites. While we try to link only to sites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we are not responsible for the content or the privacy practices employed by other sites. Please be aware that advertisers or Web sites that have links on our site may collect personally identifiable information about you. This privacy statement does not cover the information practices of those websites or advertisers.
Any debit or credit card details which we receive are passed securely to World Pay our payment processing partner, according to the Payment Card Industry Security Standards.
How long we hold your information for
We only keep it as long as is reasonable and necessary for the relevant activity, which may be to fulfil statutory obligations (for example, the collection of Gift Aid, and funder regulations).
You have various rights in respect of the personal information we hold about you – these are set out in more detail below. If you wish to exercise any of these rights or make a complaint, you can do so by contacting The Resurgam Trust, Laganview Enterprise Centre, 69 Drumbeg Drive, Lisburn, BT281QJ. Tell: 02892 670755. email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Access to your personal information: You have the right to request access to a copy of the personal information that we hold about you, along with information on what personal information we use, why we use it, who we share it with, how long we keep it for and whether it has been used for any automated decision making. You can make a request for access free of charge. Please make all requests for access in writing and provide us with evidence of your identity.
- Right to object: You can object to our processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes. Please contact us as noted above, providing details of your objection.
- Consent: If you have given us your consent to use personal information (for example, for marketing), you can withdraw your consent at any time.
- Rectification: You can ask us to change or complete any inaccurate or incomplete personal information held about you.
- Erasure: You can ask us to delete your personal information where it is no longer necessary for us to use it, you have withdrawn consent, or where we have no lawful basis for keeping it.
- Portability: You can ask us to provide you or a third party with some of the personal information that we hold about you in a structured, commonly used, electronic form, so it can be easily transferred.
- Restriction: You can ask us to restrict the personal information we use about you where you have asked for it to be erased or where you have objected to our use of it.
- No automated-decision making: Automated decision-making takes place when an electronic system uses personal information to make a decision without human intervention. You have the right not to be subject to automated decisions that will create legal effects or have a similar significant impact on you, unless you have given us your consent, it is necessary for a contract between you and us or is otherwise permitted by law. You also have certain rights to challenge decisions made about you. At present we do not currently carry out any automated decision-making.
Please note, some of these rights only apply in certain circumstances and we may not be able to fulfil every request.
At present we do not use ‘cookies’ on our websites. If this changes in the future, we will update our policy accordingly.
At present our communications with you (including by telephone or email) are not monitored and/or recorded for training, quality control and compliance purposes. If this changes in the future, we will update our policy accordingly.
The Resurgam Trust, Laganview Enterprise Centre, 69 Drumbeg Drive, Lisburn, BT28 1QJ. Tel: 02892 670755 email: email@example.com
Work with us
We have a number of positions available at The Resurgam Trust and with an array of company benefits we could be the right fit for you. See a full list of our opportunities.